April 29, 2010

The Sandwich Swap



Queen Rania al-Abdullah is the wife of Abdullah II, current king of Jordan.  Jordan has in recent years been the home of a tradition of royal women who are very progressive, politically savvy, and philanthropy-oriented (not to mention breathtakingly beautiful).  Along with Queen Rania, the American-born Queen Noor (the last wife of Abdullah's father, the late King Hussein) comes to mind.

I have a particular admiration for Her Majesty's work in advocating education and children's welfare -- having spent much of my working life working with children, this is something that I think Her Majesty and I have in common.  The Sandwich Swap is her latest endeavor in this regard.  I recently watched Her Majesty on Good Morning America talking about this book, and I knew right then and there that I had to go get it.  (My work with children has also left me with an interest in children's books, and a habit for collecting them.)  It teaches an important lesson about differences -- cultural and otherwise -- between people, and I would definitely recommend this book to parents of young children.

You can purchase this book, along with many other items, at my Amazon.com Associate Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment